You may notice that the Tennessee Charter Schools Association has a new look! We are excited to roll out our new brand with bold logos, a more user-friendly website and a more focused mission statement for our charter schools. Additionally, we are excited to introduce the Voice, a new title for the most important people of our movement: parents and community members who want to speak up for excellent educational opportunities for Tennessee students.
As the charter school movement is growing and changing, TCSA will provide the resources and tools to engage supporters each step of the way through the Voice. After conversations and workshops with the great folks over at Proof Branding we came up with six words that we wanted to emulate in all areas of TCSA operations:
- Empowering: We will empower parents, teachers, school leaders, and community members to speak up for quality public charter schools. We want all stakeholders in the charter schools movement to know that their voice will be heard and will make a difference!
- Informative: TCSA will be the resource for all charter school information. Whether searching for school locations or TCAP and TVAAS data, we will be taking steps to make sure we have all-inclusive information for parents, teachers, and policy makers.
- Impactful: We will strive to make a significant impact not only at the legislative level, but in the community. We aim to support our charter schools every step of the way, so that high-quality public schools options can be available to all students in Tennessee.
- Bold: Aside from brighter colors and bolder fonts, TCSA will take a stronger and more persistent stance for charter schools. By boosting our advocacy and supporting stronger accountability standards, we will ensure that the charter school movement is continually making strides in the right direction for our students.
- Trustworthy: TCSA will be one of the main sources of accurate, honest, and objective charter school information. We aim to be a trustworthy source of transparent information as we promote high-quality public school options. Accountability and transparency are two ways we can promote quality within our schools.
- Approachable: We are an organization that interacts with policy-makers, school leaders, parents, teachers, students, and community members. We serve charter schools, and that means we serve our communities. We hope that others look to us as an approachable resource for information, as well as a welcome ear to communicate with about charter school concerns. The charter school movement is an ongoing conversation, and we want everyone to be an active part.
We hope that you like our new look, but most importantly we hope that you understand our mission and focus as an organization: “TCSA serves quality public charter schools by educating communities, empowering supporters, and promoting legislation to create an educational landscape of excellent options for all students.” We are excited about our recent changes and the new bold steps we are taking forward. We hope to have you along as a part of the Voice every step of the way!